Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rowan turns 3!

Rowan turns 3 next week, so we're having a family party over the weekend. I'll be baking a wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free and nut-free chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I know, it sounds like it couldn't possibly taste good. But it's actually delicious! I have a really good recipe from Cybele Pascal's Allergen-Free Bakers Handbook.
I made this cake a few weeks ago, and my Dad liked it so much that he requested it for his birthday. And he doesn't have food allergies!

The secret to making a chocolate cake without milk is using Cocoa Powder and Enjoy Life chocolate chips (allergy-free).

If you have kids with multiple food allergies, you really need to get this cookbook. It's hard to bake good treats without wheat - but Cybele has figured it out.

Happy Birthday Rowan!

1 comment: